photo: Dennis "Bub" Lumadue
Penn State DuBois wrestlers come out on top of Alfred State 24-22
Penn State DuBois make big come from behind win over a very balanced Alfred State team. Trailing 19-6 going into the 184 pound match PSUD caught fire with pins by J Prentice (184) and Dennis Lumadue (197), and a forfeit win at 235lbs by Tim Suydan to take a 24-19 lead into the final bout. Alfred claimed the final bout 3-1 in OT to set the final score at 24-22.
Other PSUD wrestlers who registered wins were Jake Himes at 149lbs with a 5-2 victory over Kevin Thayer and 165lbs Ty Haines winning 11-4 over Konner Kremer. Losing closely contested matches were 133 Brett Himes by the score of 13-3, Joe Knarr (174) 9-5, and Bigley (285) 3-1 OT. Alfred State picked up 6 points via forfeit at 125lbs and at 157 they received an injury default when the PSUD wrestler was injured and could not continue.
125. Ryan Theirman (AS) wins by Forfeit
133. Austin Keough (AS) wins by major dec 13-3 Brett Himes (PSUD)
141. No Bout
149. Jake Himes (PSUD) dec. 5-2 Kevin Thayer (AS)
157. Codie Nichols (AS) WB Inj default Matt Humes (PSUD)
165. Ty Haines (PSUD) dec. 11-4 Konner Kremer (AS)
174. Josh Lord (AS) dec. 9-5 Joe Knarr (PSUD)
184. J Prentice (PSUD) WB Fall 1:17 Matthew Sowers (AS)
197. Dennis Lumadue (PSUD) WB Fall 4:28 Jon Nunez (AS)
235. Tim Suydan (PSUD) wins by forfeit
285. Anthony Osman (AS) dec 3-1 OT Andrew Bigley (PSUD)
PSUD wrestlers will be back in action on Saturday 1/24 when the travel to PSU Fayette to compete in quad match ( Fayette, PSU New Ken, Univ. Akron ).